Friday, April 20, 2012

Guest Designing project for Liz!

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing the project I did as a guest designer for Liz at Liz's Paper Loft.  As you may already know, Liz had surgery last month and asked some fellow crafters to step in and post on her blog while she is recovering.  I had the pleasure of meeting Liz last year, and she is just the sweetest!!  I have been a big fan of hers for quite some time, and I can't wait until she is fully recovered and back to crafting!  I miss seeing her amazing work, and if you know Liz, then I am sure you are too!


For my project, I created a frame that I will be giving my mother on Mother's Day.  This is the first altered frame that I have attempted, and I can't believe how easy it was.  I am definitely going to be making more!  The best part is, the frame only cost $1 at Michaels... gotta love it!






All of the paper and the white floral rub on is from my stash of old Stampin Up products. The flowers were created using the Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and the greenery is from Prima. I used the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge for the font, which was cut out using vinyl. The polka dot strip is punched with an SU punch and I added a little ribbon and pearls ...and viola, it was done.  Now I just need my girls to cooperate and take a  nice picture to put in grandma's frame... wish me luck!

Don't forget to go hop on over to Liz's blog and leave a comment so you can be entered to win some yummy blog candy!


Thanks for stopping by today! As always, I love and appreciate your comments. :) Have a CRAFTY DAY!! Lori

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful frame!!! I love the colors and love the flowers!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is beautiful and will make a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a pretty frame!! I love the colors and the pretty flowers! Beautiful job! I am sure your Mom will love it!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What GORGEOUS frame! Your Mom will love it! The details are so pretty as well! Love the sentiment and all the details! Great frame!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day!! Thank you so much. :)