Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heard you caught a bug

Hello crafters!
It's Wednesday, and my day to post over at the Joy's Life Design Team Blog.
This week the DT is creating projects using recycled/upcycled items. I actually knew what I wanted to do for my card, but wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate the "recycle" part. I literally walked around my house and craft room trying to find some things I could use, and this is what I came up with:

Packaging from some MS Glitter, an old wedding favor of mine, and a box from some skin care.
Here is what they turned into:
I actually ended up cutting out two of the acrylic jars.
And here is the finished card:

Don't you just love that sentiment??
This stamp is from one of Joy's new stamp sets "Punny Animals".

Supplies used:
Bug image and net handle: Silhouette online store
Sentiment stamp: Joy's Life Punny Animals
Jar and Lid: My Creative Time - Stitched Chunky Jar Dies
Stampin Up Label punch

Thanks for stopping by today! As always, I love and appreciate your comments. :) Have a CRAFTY DAY!! Lori

3 comments:

  1. OMG how adorable is this!!! I LOVE how you recycled those items!!! Such an ADORABLE card!!! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT hump day!!!
    BTW~Congrats on your PK Challenge win :) Bet you had fun shopping for new cute stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cute, love how you used several different product lines to create this. This card would cheer anyone up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make my day!! Thank you so much. :)